Wednesday, November 28, 2012

137 ~on writers

THE DAILY ROUTINE OF RAY BRADBURY


Photo Credit: Who2


“My passions drive me to the typewriter every day of my life, and they have driven me there since I was twelve. So I never have to worry about schedules. Some new thing is always exploding in me,and it schedules me, I don’t schedule it. It says: ‘Get to the typewritter right now and finish this.’”


“I can work anywhere. I wrote in bedrooms and living rooms when I was growing up with my parents and my brother in a small house in Los Angeles. I worked on my typewriter in the living room, with the radio and my mother and dad and brother all talking at the same time. Later on, when I wanted to write Fahrenheit 451, I went up to UCLA and found a basement typing room where,if you inserted ten cents into the typewriter, you could buy thirty minutes of typing time.”

For the complete interview click here.


*****


Click to order  I say Who, What, and Where!
an inspirational novel about the courage to be oneself freely.

Click to order  Deconstructing INFATUATION,
a thought-provoking novel about infatuation.

Copyright © 2012 by THE PYTHAGOREAN STORYTELLER. All rights reserved.

No comments: